As 2010 comes to a close and the new year begins, there are a few things I’d like to share with all of you. A purging of guilt…a clean slate if you will.
1) I ate a lot of Christmas cookies this holiday season. And by a lot, I mean enough to give Cookie Monster a sugar high like no high he’s ever experienced before. Macadamia white chocolate chip, chewy chocolate gingerbread, coconut macaroons, almond (my favorite!), chocolate chunk, peanut butter…mmmm. Chewy cookies are my greatest weakness. They’re like crack to me, no exaggeration.
2) When I left for work on Tuesday, I stepped out onto my porch and realized I hadn’t been outside in over two full days. I’m pretty sure that if you look closely at my couch cushions you’ll find a permanent impression of my posterior. An occasional weekend governed by a Lifetime movie marathon can be a wonderful thing.
3) I skipped two runs over Christmas weekend and Coach Bob yelled at me. I believe his exact words were: “I don’t know why you’re laughing – this isn’t a funny matter!” See? I told you he’d keep me accountable. In fact, I made up all my missed mileage on Tuesday just to get back into his good graces.
What, like you wouldn’t be intimidated?
4) I gained 10lbs in the second half of December. In my defence, I sat down to 6 full-blown holiday feasts in less than 2 days and it’s only polite to try a bit of everything … right?
5) I lost all 10lbs in four days. This is a good thing, but I feel a little guilty about it considering everyone around me is still suffering in their fat jeans. Sorry … can’t explain it. Especially because…
6) The kitchen table in my office is still chock full of these bad boys:
If you haven’t had the pleasure of tasting these delicious morsels, let me introduce you. These almond and pignoli cookies from Vaccaro’s Bakery are phenomenal, though the almond (on the right) are far superior in my opinion. They’re made with this amazing almond paste that leaves them especially chewy and positively melt-in-your-mouth scrumptious. Kirk and I ordered several dozen to be served at our wedding and we will gladly make the drive down to Little Italy just for a few of these treats. Nom, nom nom…
So, what was I talking about again? …Oh yes, sin. Well, I’m sure they’ll be plenty more of that in 2011, too.
Happy New Year to all!