1) It’s FRIDAY!!!! And I sooooo earned it. Two back to back deadlines, a board meeting and two photo shoots have been a huge time/energy suckage this week.
2) My foot hurts. I think I may have just laced my shoes too tight on last night’s run — it’s almost like it’s bruised on top. Anyone else ever have this problem? Anyway, I’m resting up tonight in anticipation for…. [drum roll, please]
3) Tomorrow’s supported course run on the Baltimore Marathon course! They’ll have water and gels for the participants and I plan on logging my longest run to date — 22 miles. I’m slightly worried this course run will detract from the “newness” on race day, but I still think it’s a good idea –most my long runs have been on flat courses which the marathon most definitely is not.
4) After the run I have two work-related networking events to attend– the HCC Grand Prix Horse Races and the Baltimore Claywork’s Clay Ball. I’m totally looking forward to both (obviously, one is a ball!), but we’ll see how enthusiastic I am after four hours of running.
5) And last, and perhaps most exciting of all, I finally dragged my butt to the Apple store today. You may remember I ruined my Nano with my less-than-sexy and profuse sweat. Unfortunately, the tech team couldn’t revive her. My options were to pay $79 for them to replace her with another Nano of the same generation (circa 2006) or trade it in for a 10% discount on this baby:
I’m sure you can guess which route I chose.