What I learned on last night’s 5 mile tempo run:
- Eating half a sweet potato topped with almond butter 20 minutes before a run is a bad idea.
- Running a series of hillsets with said sweet potato bouncing around will not make this any better.
- Side bends can do wonders to ease a cramp and quell the urge to vomit.
- Motorists will honk at you doing yoga poses on the side of the road, but it’s worth it.
- When sunset is scheduled for 8:33 that does not mean you will have daylight left at 9pm.
- Running the streets of B-more in looming darkness is a great plan if you’re trying to improve your speed.
- Running the streets of B-more in looming darkness is a terrible plan if you’re trying to avoid being chased, leered or whistled at.
- Strange, inexplicable pain has abated completely. Sayonara injury, hello Marathon Training!
Last night’s workout:
Dist: 5 miles including warm up; 3 mi @ 9:17; Cool
5 miles/48:11/avg pace 9:38
Lap 1: 9:56 (warm up)
Lap 2: 9:11 (untimed pit stop for puking stretching)
Lap 3: 9:07
Lap 4: 9:07
Lap 5: 10:49 (cool down – Oh, there’s that cramp again. I think I might actually die this time…)