Back in college, I used to make lists all the time. To-do lists, wish lists, reading lists, cleaning lists… the list goes on. My favorite lists of all were the just-for-fun lists that chronicled the goings on in my own little world. I would write a just-for-fun list about once week and post them on my Xanga page (remember those?!). I always titled them Rock Vs. Suck.
The Things That Sucked almost always outweighed the Things that Rocked. It wasn’t that I was an unhappy person or anything. Quite the opposite - I’m most often accused of being too optimistic and excitable. For whatever reason though, I have a very negative and cynical sense of humor (perhaps you’ve picked up on this?). Some people get it, some people don’t. I laugh at unfortunate happenings in life… I guess it’s how I deal. So, in the spirit of poking fun at life getting me down, I’d like to introduce you all to…
Things That Suck:
- I’m pretty sure I have shin splints. Posterior Shin Splints to be precise. A dull ache along the inside of each shin. It started up last Wednesday, which was convenient since I had planned to take Thursday off for a work party anyway. I ran through the weekend (21.75 miles!) and everything was fine which had me thinking it was just a passing thing. But after last night’s speed intervals, my shins are angry. Wake me up in the middle of the night feeling like fire kind of angry.
- This means no running. I’ve replaced all my runs for the remainder of the week with workouts on the stationary bike, the elliptical and yoga classes.
- The $6 drop-in yoga classes at my local studio don’t start until 8pm. I’ve lost all motivation by then.
- I’ve lost motivation for a lot of things.
- I bought a pair of booty shorts… I think I have too much booty and not enough shorts.
- My good camera took a dip in the Caribbean Sea. My backup camera has lost all ability to focus. This leaves me with either a very fuzzy outlook or a very empty wallet.
- It occurred to me somewhere during my intervals yesterday that even if I held my sprint pace for 26.2 miles I STILL wouldn’t qualify for Boston. Boo…
Things That Rock:
- My family is planning an Alaskan cruise for next summer. So far, 11 of us are signed up. Can you say party boat?!
- Strawberry Activia yogurt in my oats. ‘Nuf said.
- My aunt has offered Kirk and I her place on the Chesapeake Bay for Memorial Day weekend (our anniversary!). It’s literally ON the water. Can’t. Wait. Oh, and they have funnel cake there. Win, win.
- We’re also planning a trip to Boston sometime in the coming months. Gonna hit up Fenway Park, obviously (have you visited the Hubby Luv tab at the top of the page?). Any other suggestions for things to see and do in Boston?
- Last but not least:
He’s baaaaack!! The blurry sticker on his bubble wrap reads: Newly Overhauled! Mr. Garmin is working better than ever. In fact, all the issues I was having before (navigating his menu options, setting data fields, etc.) are no longer a problem. I guess it wasn’t user error after all! Yippie!