Today I arrived at work and found a wonderful garden of botanicals perched on my counter in honor of what I recently saw advertised as “Co-worker to Co-worker Day”. Now, I’m on board with moving away from Secretary’s Day not only for obvious gender equality reasons, but because I’m not a secretary (and who am I kidding, I’m all for presents!), but really? I think we can do better.
Anyway, aren’t these lovely? I ♥ my job.
There was also a card with some pretty swell handwritten notes and a gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods. Do my co-workers know me well or what?! Love them!
More fun stuff:
Teacherwoman over at Dare To Tri posted this today, and since I already had my camera out and clicking, I was inspired to do the same. It’s amazing what you can find in the depths of your purse! Aside from two work-related receipts that I never submitted (whoops!), I found:
- Begamot & Lime body butter (heavenly!)
- Icebreakers mints
- Half Marathon Training Schedule
- BJ’s coupon book (Chobani and Kashi granola bars!)
- Kohls coupons
- A Race For The Cure key chain
- FIVE lip glosses and balms!
- Toothbrush and toothpaste (had an appt a few weeks back)
- Car key
- Coppertone Faces 70 SPF
- Phone (which is doubling as a camera for this pic)
The real fun is in the gym bag though:
- Brooks Glycerin 8s
- Champion sports bra
- Short sleeve Baltimore Half Marathon 2009 race shirt
- Long sleeved Under Armour “Run” shirt
- Nike Shorts
- Long pants (not pictured)
- gym lock
- bobby pins
- hair ties
Got an email today saying that my running group is starting their track workouts tonight (thanks for the advance notice, guys!). I’m not really sure how to incorporate that into my training schedule, but I also don’t want that to become an excuse for why I don’t take part. I’ve never done group track workouts before – a bit intimidating! It’s raining out right now though. Ehh…
One of the project managers in the office just dropped off a Bog ‘O Goodies for AP Day. I wonder who ate the other half of that cookie??